Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Jason Peters Commits to Ga Tech

In recruiting news, Catholic High defensive end Jason Peters got tired of waiting on LSU's decision to offer him a regular scholarship or a grey shirt and committed to GA Tech Monday afternoon. Peters visited LSU last weekend and I was told he committed to LSU while on his visit, but after meeting with LSU coaches Monday morning Peters decided to accept a scholarship offer from GA Tech. I am very disappointed that Jason Peters is not going to be an LSU Tiger. I am also disappointed that I posted a short Sunday afternoon update saying that Peters had committed to LSU. It is my guess that Les Miles feels very good about his chances of signing defensive end Slidell Corey (6'4", 260) from Mobile McGill high school and that is why a full scholarship was not offered to Peters.

No comments: