Sunday, August 24, 2008
Hornets sign Devin Brown
New Orleans announced the official signing of guard/forward Devin Brown today. Brown returns to the team after spending 2006-07 with the Hornets. He was a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers last season. A few other facts on the six-year NBA veteran:
• Brown has career NBA averages of 7.5 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 352 games.
• He appeared in 78 games (20 starts) and played in 22.6 minutes during the 2007-08 season, averaging 7.5 points along with 3.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
• Brown had his best season as a pro with the Hornets during the 2006-07 season, averaging a career-high 11.6 points in 58 games (49 starts). He also had career-highs in minutes per game (28.7), rebounds (4.3) and assists (2.6).
• Brown was a member of the 2004-05 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs and has appeared in 29 career playoff games with Cleveland and San Antonio.
• He is from San Antonio, Texas, and was undrafted out of the University of Texas-San Antonio.